The residents of the Palladium Grand complex located at Dhanori, Pune are forced to come on the street .They staged candle march to express their anguish, frustrations for almost no supply of potable water as well bore well water. Meanwhile In its 20th meeting of State environment assessment committee (SEAC) has asked State Level Environmental Impact Assessment Authority ( SEIAA ) to take Tamashaa called necessary action as per MoEF guidelines against project proponent Raojee constructions.
This project must have taken at least three to four years to complete. Meanwhile nobody in India including so called educated flat purchasers dared to ask two builders and promoters M/s. Raojee Constructions (Director - Shri. Suresh Tingre) and M/s. Shreyas Shelters (Director - Shri. Kolhatkar) the legality of their project.
Flat buyers paid money innocently (?) and every body having authority to take action on these builders extorted money from builders to keep mum. After being obligated how will they dare to take action on Builders?. SEAC has asked to sent a notice because project proponent has commenced the work prior to environment clearance certificate. However basic question is,has the builder obtained necessary commencement certificate?. If you ask residents of this project, they are also not aware of it.
Now what option these residents do have?. I guess only begging outside own premises will not help. They should file criminal cases against builders in courts. Palladium grand is best example for others who have booked flats in projects to whom notices for violation of environment norms have been sent.
What palladium Grand Residents say about their problems
1. Drinking water facility is not provided since the beginning: Even though Builders were given PMC connection, they diverted this to their own houses and nearby complexes to get completions certificates and make professional profits.
2. We have sent detailed representation to the builders with cc to Pune Municipal Corporation Commissioner and the Commissioner of Police. Builders have chosen not to respond to the letters. This letter is available at http://helppalladiumgrand.blogspot.in/2014/12/water-supply-letter-of-notice-to.html
3. Borewell water supply was discontinued abruptly since June 2012. Even after repeated requests, Builder denied us a supply of water. On the contrary they (especially Mr. Suresh Tingre) used abusive language and violent means to silence us.
4. The Builders deliberately delaying society formation processes. This is in spite of the directives from DDR.
5. Builders are writing offensive letters to the residents in order collect the VAT from the residents, which is illegal as per Supreme Court order dated 27 September 2014.
6. Fire safety infrastructure in the complex is sub standard and has not been certified in recent years. Even after our repeated requests, builders have failed to produce fire safety certificates.
7. LPG connection lines are run in open areas and as a result threat of fire and gas leakages is constantly hanging as a sword on the residents.
8. Essential life saving services are not operational in the complex e.g. elevators. There are no service elevators installed.
9. Rain water harvesting system is not in place, which is clear violation of the PMC norms.
10. Drainage system is not complete; as a consequence wastewater is being released outside, causing health problems (e.g. Dengue and other communicable diseases).
11. Garbage disposal system and composting plant is not functional, which is also a violation of PMC norms.
12. Builders (especially Mr. Suresh Tingre) have been using abusive language and have even attacked the residents. At least one FIR is filed against him in Vishrantwadi Police station in 6 April 2014. This has been reported in the press as well.
13. This project was conceived as one of the best in the area, especially for swimming pool, gymnasium and other amenities. However, since the beginning swimming pool is not functioning. Many of the equipment’s from the gymnasium were taken away by the builders to the other complexes to get completion certificates. Similarly other amenities are neither completed nor provided.
14. There is only one access road to the complex. We have asked for separate in and out road, which has been denied to us. Boundry walls are on substandard nature and not as per the PMC norms. As a consequence we are constantly under the threat of theft.
15. Builder has not provided the open space for recreational and garden facility to the Pune Municipal Corporation. We have asked him time and again to provide such a document if he has transferred the land to PMC, which has not been complied with.
16. Are we not worthy enough to be treated like human beings?
17.We do understand that Builder(s) have got an access to Pune Municipal Water. If this is correct, where is this water going? Are the builder(s) making financial gains by diverting this water or using it for purposes other than it is intended for?
18.Why is that officers of the Pune Municipal Corporation are not taking sue moto action against the builders? If Builder(s) are indeed diverting water elsewhere and using it for other purposes, then is it not theft of nation’s natural resources - just like 2G and coal scams?
Number of fools who want to get cheated is multi million times more than the actual cheaters in Ponzi Investment
Subscribe for Free
To receive free emails or free RSS feeds, please, subscribe to Vijay Kumbhar's Exclusive News & Analysis
RTI KATTA is a platform to empower oneself through discussions amongst each other to solve their problems by using Right to Information act, Every Sunday at Chittaranjan Watika, Model Colony,Shivaji nagar, Pune, between 9.30 to 10.30 A.M.
RTI Resource Person, RTI Columnist
Phone – 9923299199
Email – email@example.com
Website – http://surajya.org
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kvijay14
Twitter - https://twitter.com/Vijaykumbhar62
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/kvijay14